BACKYARD SPORTS PLUS
Four Seasons Of Special Needs Sports Programming
Basketball, Indoor Soccer, Tennis, & Baseball
The BYS Plus Program offers Special Needs children, ages 5-18, a safe and appropriately competitive program to learn and enjoy team sports. The activities focus on athletic development skills while stressing the proper behaviors required for optimal group cooperation.
- Staffed by outstanding teacher/coaches and high school peer mentors
- 1:1 teaching ratio
- Professionally designed curriculum
- Program builds skills, confidence, self esteem, and a lifetime devotion to sports and fitness
- All programs held at SUNY Purchase
- Custom programs for Recreation Departments, Community Centers and on site afterschool programs
- Praised by parents and professionals as one of Westchester’s leading Special Needs Sport Programs
BYS PLUS Winter Tennis
This program will consist of a variety of tennis skills and progressions with BYS volunteers and staff.
- Starting in November
- Sundays at Purchase College in the Main Gym
- Dates: 11/8, 11/15, 11/22, 12/6, 12/13
- Teens: 10:00am-10:45am
- All Ages: 11:00am-11:45am
- Fee: $200 -- ($25 sibling discount)
- Click Here to download our schedule
- If you are going to participate as a volunteer, please contact Coach Danny. We have a limited number of spots available.
- Participants and coaches are required to wear a mask. If your child is not comfortable wearing a mask, we respectfully ask that you do not attend.
- All participants and coaches will have temperatures checks before each session.
- Spectators are limited to ONE parent per child
- Hand sanitizer will be available on site
- Registrations will be limited
For cancellations due to severe weather please call:
What Parents Are Saying!
“I like that Backyard Sports builds on the basics and each week is a new program. It’s not just kicking or hitting balls, but getting taught athletic skills. Dillon needs repetition and he gets that here. He’s learning.” - Barbara Roppollo
“My son Jake has participated in all of the Backyard Sports Plus programs. He has never been able to previously function in other sports environments. Here he looks forward to coming and walks away feeling successful. He’s proud to tell his friends that he plays on a basketball team. I am happy to see him proud.” - Sara Cremins
“My son does not likechange or newpeople and places. But after 30 minutes of Backyard Sports Plus, Ethan was laughingand having fun. The wonderful staff consists of adult coaches andvolunteers of various ages. I actually cried I was so happy that this was the only time that Ethan joined a large group.” - Louisa Johnson
Thank you for your excellent program, your responsiveness, your warmth. Our son, David, will succeed in life because of programs like yours.” - Audrey and Bruce Nathanson