Youth sport programs exist in a much more competitive world today than a generation ago. Current programs resemble a professional model where results, records and instant success rule the sports landscape.
Knowing how to be correctly competitive is not something we’re born with. Appropriate competitiveness and winning attitudes often need to be cultivated and encouraged. But, if done properly, within the right time frame and in a positive environment, competitive training can help our youngsters grow into the leaders of tomorrow.
That is why we created Backyard Sports. We believe that any child, given the right coaching and support, can acquire the competitive edge and winning skills that will serve them in sports, academics, and beyond the playing field.
Positive Cycle of Sports:
- ENJOY THE TASK - Athletes improve most when they are having fun.
- PERSEVERANCE - Keep young athletes committed to learning.
- IMPROVE SKILLS - Teacher Coaches dedicated to developing athletic talent.
- SELF ESTEEM - Human development through appropriate competition.
- TO MAXIMIZE POTENTIAL - Building confidence and skills bringing out the best in each of our athletes.
- LOVE OF GAME - Positive athletic experiences as kids yield a lifetime enjoyment