Meet The COACHES
- Executive Director and Founder
- M.A.T, Physical Education, Manhattanville College
- B.A., Economics, Amherst College
Danny Bernstein learned to love all sports right in his own neighborhood. Raised in Long Island, Danny played in the schoolyard, driveways, and backyards of suburbia. He attended Amherst College where he played goalie on the varsity soccer team and was elected captain his senior year.
His positive experiences throughout his youth inspired him to create Backyard Sports. Now as an adult, Danny continues to be athletic. He still plays soccer on Saturday mornings, and believes that the love of playing sports can continue throughout your life.
- Program Director, Backyard Sports
- Two Time New York State Private School State Champion as Head Coach (2010, 2012)
- New York State Small Private School Coach of the Year (2012)
- Head Men’s Basketball Coach at Darien, Mamaroneck and Rye Country Day
- Graduate Assistant Coach at the birthplace of basketball, Springfield College
- Awarded Physical Education Teacher of the Year Award, Springfield College
- Helped development of numerous high school players who went on to play at:
- Vanderbilt University
- Boston University
- Loyola University
- Lemoyne College
- Springfield College
- Union College
- Norwich College
- Health Education Instructor, Mamaroneck Public Schools
- Three sport standout at Fox Lane High School (Basketball, Football, Baseball)
Coach Minotti spent the early years of life watching his father teach elementary physical education and coach high school soccer. By the time Minotti entered his freshman year at Fox Lane High School he already knew his chosen profession. Minotti earned both his undergraduate and Master’s Degree from Springfield College. At SC, Vin taught physical education courses and became the Assistant Men's Basketball Coach. After his college teaching tenure, Minotti's passion led him to coaching High School Basketball and teaching both elementary physical education and health.
Vin brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to Backyard Sports, infusing both solid teaching progressions and dynamic lessons that enable our Backyard Sports Athletes to develop love of the game and increase their maximum potential. Minotti currently teaches health education at the Mamaroneck Public Schools and is the head boys’ coach at Rye Country Day. Vin lives in Bedford New York with his wife Lorraine and two children.
- Director of Soccer Operations
- Assistant Principal, New York City Board of Education
- Varsity Soccer Coach, Edgemont High School
Born in Chile, Coach Villalobos brings over 30 years of playing and coaching experience to Backyard Sports. He has coached all age levels from Pre K through college. A former professional player and received all-American distinction in his collegiate career. In addition to Backyard Sports, Coach Villalobos coaches at Edgemont High School and trains many travel soccer teams in the WYSL. He has a Masters in education and currently works as an assistant principal in the New York City school system. He resides with his family in Yonkers, New York.
- Assistant Coach at Woodlands High School for 7 yrs
- Head Coach at Alexander Hamilton High School for 4 yrs
- Helped Woodlands win two league titles
- Coached Sectional Title at Hamilton in 04'
- Won 3 Sectional Title and a State Title as a player
- Played Division I Basketball
- Associate Director
- B.A., Speech Communication, University of Maryland
Doug never met a sport he didn’t like. Growing up in Westchester County, Doug was always ready for pick-up game of baseball, basketball, football, kickball, soccer or anything else that was being played at school or in the neighborhood. That enthusiasm continued through high school where Doug played Varsity football and Lacrosse.
Doug’s lifelong passion for sports and desire to work with kids lead him to join Backyard Sports. He believes, the positive lessons learned through sports can impact everyone in helping build better communities. Doug lives in Weston, Connecticut with his three children.
- Backyard Sports Home Field Advantage Coordinator
- B.A., Sport Management, Minor in Communications, SUNY Fredonia
- M.S. Sport Business Management, Manhattanville College (May, 2018)
- Student Assistant Coach, SUNY Fredonia Men’s Basketball
Dillon Faulkner has always been passionate about sports. Growing up in Westchester County, Dillon was competitive in multiple sports, leading him to pursue a degree in Sport Management at SUNY Fredonia.
Dillon quickly became the President and Founder of the Club Basketball team at Fredonia before earning his title as Intramurals Commissioner and Student Assistant Coach of the Men’s basketball team during his final two years at Fredonia. Graduating Summa Cum Laude in May of 2016, Dillon received a B.A. in Sport Management with a Minor in Communications and went on to pursue an M.S. in Sport Business Management from Manhattanville College. Dillon’s passion for sports steered him to Backyard Sports, where he immediately felt right at home.
- Dave Boykin is White Plains, NY native.
- He starred as White Plains high school's point guard from 2002-2006
- Played college basketball at Fordham University.
- After two years at Fordham University, Dave transferred to the University of Bridgeport where he won 2 conference championships and managed to score 1,000 points in only 2 seasons
- In 2010, he was named the Scholar-Athlete of year of the ECC. After his college career, he played professional ball in Germany, China, Colombia and most recently Brazil in 2016.
- Coach Boykin has been with Backyard Sports for the past five years and loves teaching young athletes
- Dave has a great demeanor while coaching and serves as a terrific role model to all of our Backyard Sports Athletes.